After receiving the new car, we went about taking measurements of it, so we could build an accurate model. We also updated the mechanism to fit the car.
We felt that if the motor was hung from the mechanism and was directly connected to the arm it would make designing easier, except we would have to counter the increased centre of gravity by weighing the base down. We also took into consideration the height of the platform of the mechanism from the ground because we need to accommodate the heigh of the ruler, ensuring that it doesn't hit the floor prematurely nor does the tires. We also thought of putting a rod that spins the ruler directly.